Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I'm growing......

Today we have snow & icy roads here!!  Yeah!!!!  Don't get me wrong we LOVE LOVE LOVE snow here.  I think it's the northerner coming out in me.



But as I'm sitting here because of the snow, drinking my very yummy blueberry coffee something has dawned on me..........I'm growing.

 DH said this morning that the roads were still to bad for me to take the car out.  For me to stay home again today.  And believe it or not I said ok, you are the one that has been out (he has 4wheel drive) you know what the roads are like, if you say I stay home then I stay home!!!!!   Now you can pick yourself up off the floor cuz the old me would have said........are you crazy.....my car will be fine I'm going to work!!!  Which would have resulted in WWIII beginning & probably lasting atleast 3-4 days.  Feelings would have been hurt.  Pride crushed & Satan would have been doing the I rock dance!!!!!!!!!

In my study time lately I have been taken back a couple times to a few verses in Ephesians 5........

"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing."

My prayer lately has been that I become more of a Proverbs 31 woman.  Showing respect and love to my Lord & Saviour AND to my husband.  I used to think that there was no way that I could SUBMIT myself.  Are you kidding me????  That means giving up my independence.  Letting my husband make decisions for me would be like poking my eyeballs out with a dull knife.  But you know what I totally misunderstood that scripture!!  It doesn't mean I give up my independence, let my husband have CONTROL over my life.

It doesn't mean that at all. 

Christ wants us to put Him first in our lives, to recognize that He is our Leader.  To go to Him in times of trials, happiness, help etc., and that's what we are supposed to do with our husbands.  If I'm praying to have Christ in the deepest parts of my heart & mind and to have Him walk with me in every step that I take thru out the day............why would it not be easier for me to say yes dear.  If you say so then that's what I'll do.

What I'm trying to say in all this rambling is that I'm growing.  I'm growing & learning from my walk with Him.......and it's a glorious day!!!  I'm seeing the Light & I'm LOVING it!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Right now I am doing the "God rocks" dance. Alecia I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!! Just look at what has happened to you and to Scotty in the last year. Isn't our God AWESOME! Thanks for sharing so openly. I am so stinkin' happy for you. Keep walking in the LIGHT girlie. Oh and keep bringing others with you.

    Your friend,

    Janelle

    ReplyDelete