Pages

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Fitting In

As I'm blog hoppin this afternoon I found a few different posts that asked the same question......Are we trying to please God or the world???   And of course that got my head to spinning.  Thinking about the happenings in my life over the last few days & questions that have been spinning in my head. 

Have I this week tried to please the world by really caring IF so & so at work hasn't spoken to me today?  Or if I sit in my office & NO ONE can talk to me all day?  Or how certain people have mentioned hateful things about me & my life when I'm within hearing distance? 

I would LOVE to tell you nope,  haven't thought twice about any of it......but that would be telling a HUGE white lie!!! 
But I can tell you one thing that I have made sure & done through out this week and that's spend some time on my knees praying to my God asking him to send me in the direction I need to be in & to give me strength to deal with the CRAZY people in my life!!!  And I'm very thankful that God has a sense of humor cuz that's exactly what I call them CRAZY people LOL!!!!!

If I'm trying to please God then I shouldn't be concerned about what those CRAZY people think of me!!!  And it's Satan that keeps putting those CRAZY thoughts in my head!!!  And you know it's cuz I have been spending time in prayer & reading my Bible EVERY DAY that Satan is working his hardest to get me back.......but he can't have me!!!!!  And to him I officially say Blah......stay away!!!!  I HAVE chosen to   stand tall, to walk with my Lord & Savior and not be part of this craziness of fitting in & worrying about what others think!!!!  That's what the "world" calls fitting in not what my Lord calls fitting in. 

I like how the NIV phrases John 15:19

"If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you."

So keep on hating me world....that's fine with me cuz I'm fitting in with the Lord.  The One who loves me for all my CRAZiness and corky ways, The One who has made me into the person that I am today & forgives me everyday for all my shortcomings & mess ups.  The One who has given me this wonderful life that I have & to Him I give ALL of the glory!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment