Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Funny thing....



Well it's not like funny ha ha.....it's more like funny my mind is open now.

So I get a magazine in the mail the other day from some people I USED TO BE associated with.  Today I brought it to work so it could go to the recycle joint and it flipped open to a page with a bunch of books on it!!!  And do you know I never realized that out of 2 pages there are like 5-6 books that they sell that have something to do with Enchanted Forests, wizards, goblins & sphinx.  Was I BLIND???? 

The NIV says this in Deuteronomy 18:9-14:

When you enter the land the LORD your God is giving you, do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there. 10 Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in[a] the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11 or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. 12 Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD, and because of these detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you. 13 You must be blameless before the LORD your God.


It says anyone who does these things is detestable to the Lord.....I'm pretty pretty sure I DON'T want to be detestable to the Lord.  That kinda freaks me out!!!  Just saying!!

So my prayer this afternoon is thanking the Lord for opening my eyes!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment