Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Virtuous Woman

                                       




A virtuous woman [is] a crown to her husband: but she that maketh ashamed [is] as rottenness in his bones.

                                                          Proverbs 12:4


So this morning in my few minutes I have before my work day starts, this is the scripture I read, and of course I got to thinking.....What is a virtuous woman???  Am I a virtuous woman?  I looked up dictionary.com and the definiation says......."conforming to moral and ethical principles; morally excellent; upright". 

Over the past few months Proverbs 31 has been on my mind & wanting to be the woman that my DH can be very proud of has been weighing very heavily on me.  I don't want just my DH to be proud of me but to also know the Lord is looking down saying that even though I stumble sometimes "There is a Christian woman who takes care of her family, loves Me, and strives daily to become a better person."

Considering the circumstances that are going on in our family right now, I've learned over the last few months that really it is much more important to take care of your family, to do the things that are asked of you by the Lord, to take a few minutes out of every day to just stop & thank the Lord for the blessings he has given you is way more important than any worldy thing or climbing up any corporate ladder could EVER be!!!!!

So am I a virtuous woman????  I hope so.....but I know I have a long long way to go.  But I'm thinking I'm on the right path & I hope I'm hoping I'm making my DH proud & my Heavenly Father VERy proud!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment