Pages

Monday, March 7, 2011

Crazy Phone Call

I forgot to tell ya'll about the CRAZY phone call I got Saturday!!!!! 

I'm getting ready to leave & of course am in the middle of brushing my teethers when the phone rings.....our caller ID said it was a BLOCKED number.  The only person that calls our house from a BLOCKED number is my brother-in-law (BIL)....so I answer the phone (still brushing my teeth mind you cuz that's just how nice I am to my BIL) and the guy on the other end is NOT my BIL....he's some unAmerican speaking guy that asks for me.  He proceeds to tell me that he is from UPS & they have a package to deliver for me & they will be at my house in an hour.  I about chocked on my toothpaste......Dude wasn't to smart in making this phone call cuz I get a package from UPS almost every week & they DON'T call me to tell me they are delivering.  So I very nicely said....When did UPS start calling to let me know that I'm getting a delivery & when did you start delivering on Saturdays?  He said WHAT!!!!  So by now I'm bound & determined to bust this guy in a scam....cuz you know he did interupt me brushing my teethers & all!!!!  I repeated myself not so nicely the second time....and he said they call when the package is LARGE like this one is.  I said ummmmmm that's funny....who is it coming from?  He proceeded to say something that I couldn't understand & I said WHO????  He repeated himself & I said I can't understand you...you'll have to let me talk to a supervisor.....and Dude hung up on me!!!  HOW RUDE!!!!!!

So my point in all this rambling is to tell you 2 things......A)I brush my teeth every day (even on Saturdays)  so they will be sparkly white for everyone I meet!!! and B)DON'T DON'T DON'T DON'T fall for the UPS scam.  I have seen it being sent by email but this is the first time I have gotten a phone call from it!!!!  BE CAREFUL & if it sounds CRAZY it probably is!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment