Pages

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Homemade Donuts

Hoss & I got up very early this morning to make goodies for the guys @ DH's work!!  We make them something every weekend!!! 

They are really gonna need the sugar rush today cuz there is a snow storm coming in so I'm sure they will be busy!!! 

The donuts were really really easy to make!!  They are the cake kinda of donuts!!  But that's my FAVORITE so I was very impressed with them!!!

                 (sorry the pictures are kinda bad....they were taken with my cell phone!!!)




1 cup all purpose flour
2T Cocoa (just leave this out if you want plain donuts)
1t baking powder
1/4 t baking soda
2/3 c sugar
1/4t ground nutmeg
1/2 t salt
2 T butter cold cut into pieces
1/4 c buttermilk
1/4c sour cream
1t vanilla
1 egg

Sift flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda.  Whisk in sugar, nutmeg & salt.  Add butter-combine all ingrd. w/fingers til coarse.  Combine buttermilk, sour cream, vanilla & egg in seperate bowl.
Add wet to dry, fold together.  Spray donut pan with nonstick cooking spray, add batter 1/2 full.  Bake 8-9 mins @ 350.

Once donuts are cool dip in frosting glaze.  I just combine powdered sugar & milk.  Make as thick or thin as you want.

Then I dipped in sprinkles.

YUMMY!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment